For this assignment we were to make changes to discrete portions of a photo using tools in Lightroom and Photoshop.
I spent a lot of time trying to change the colour of the sky but was unhappy with the results and ended up cropping out most of the sky and using the clone stamp tool to extend the tree line instead.
I removed a lamp post, a few magpie geese in the background and leaf litter in the grass and on the dirt using the healing brush. I played around with the contrast, saturation, highlights sharpness and whites and lightened the horse’s tail to match the mane and make it look cleaner.
My undo/redo functions got a good workout with this. Whenever I looked at the finished product I found something else I wanted to change!
This is the original f3.5 1/2000 410 mm ISO 1600
Re-posting after Jim suggested applying a light vignette instead of cropping.
Re-posting with vignette feathered out so it’s barely noticeable.
It rained on Thursday night in Darwin, so we may have seen the last of the Dry Season but the change resulted in a couple of great sunsets at Nightcliff on Thursday and at East Point on Friday. Photos taken with Fujifilm X10 on EXR setting.